Echoes Adult Comprehensive Bible Study Teacher's Commentary | Winter 2018-2019
Transform the hearts and minds of your students with the dynamic, never-changing truth of God's Word. For years, Echoes curriculum has been one of the most widely used resources for African-American churches. Rich in African-American imagery and history, Echoes is easy to use, teacher friendly, strengthens the entire church body with a shared quarterly theme, and is certain to keep students engaged with relevant Scriptural content that applies to their everyday lives.
Each week, Echoes students focus on these four areas:
- Connecting with each other and with God's Word
- Studying God's Word together and finding key themes and takeaways
- Exploring key themes and takeaways through activities and crafts
- Responding to God's Word by applying it to life
Step-by-step instructions to help teachers prepare and lead each lesson. Begins with devotional preparation for the teacher and provides Bible background material, suggested responses to study questions, and a variety of activities and stories relating Bible truths to adult life. Also points teachers to additional information in the David C Cook Bible Lesson Commentary. Reductions of the student book pages are included so teachers can easily see what students are reading and studying. Provides usage information for all Creative Teaching Aids. Need one per teacher.
- Teacher Devotionals and Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare
- Easy four-step lesson plan:
- Life Connection: gets adults engaged with the topic of the week
- Bible Exploration: adults will read the week's Bible passage, answer questions, and discuss
- Bible Interaction: teacher has three choices for activities that will help adults explore the Bible lesson in-class
- Life Application: adults will take ownership of putting into practice that week's Bible principle
- A two-page spread called Highlights in Black History focuses on an African-American Christian who not only advanced African-Americans in some significant way but also showed personal Christian values to others
- Lessons follow the time-honored Uniform Series (ISSL)
- Scriptures coordinate with the David C Cook Bible Lesson Commentary
Frequently purchased with Winter Adult - Comprehensive Bible Study Teacher's Commentary:
- Teacher’s Resource Kit
- Creative Teaching Aids
- Student Book
- Large Print Student Book
- Power for Living
- The Quiet Hour
- Lesson Leaflet
- Sunday School Superintendent’s Handbook
Order the print edition and you'll get:
- The printed book (8 3/8" x 10 7/8") shipped from our distribution center
Order either PDF download edition and you'll get:
- The Teacher Guide PDF Edition in a single zipped file that includes the entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device. You'll need Adobe® Reader® to open the files.
- The single-use edition is for use by one teacher. If you have more than one teacher, please order the multi-user edition.
Notes about product download licensing:
Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
The product is protected by copyrights laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.
Free Online Resource for Adults
Echoes Real Life Downloaded (RLD) connects each week with timeless Bible truths to timely current events. EchoesDownloaded.com offers optional materials for Steps 1 and 4 of the week's lesson, to provide an in-depth, current event study of the lesson materials.