TruStory Grades 1-5 Large Group/Small Group Quarterly Kit (Less than 50 Students) | Winter 2017-2018
Because Elementary age children engage through stories, TruStory invites kids to discover more about The Big God Story. They will be able to see more about who God is, what He is doing through His Word, and how they can be part of His big story.
TruStory uses a variety of teaching styles to help children build upon what they know about the world around them to discover more about who God made them to be and what He has for His people. In TruStory, children learn how to open God’s Word and respond to Him on their own through worship and personal reflection.
TruStory begins in the home with the HomeFront Weekly. Families are equipped to be the primary nurturers of their children’s faith through time together in God’s Word, prayer, and blessing. Children will come into a TruStory classroom ready to continue conversations about God that began at home.
As a large group/small group program, this edition of TruStory starts in small groups, moves to large group for storytelling, then returns to small groups for discussion, worship response, and closes with a blessing.
Components of TruStory Large Group/Small Group Lesson:
- Explore: Children engage in fun, creative activities designed to pique their curiosity about the day’s portion of The Big God Story.
- Discover: Children participate in discovering God’s word through Scripture memorization, creative storytelling, and worship as a form of response.
- Respond: Children respond to what the Holy Spirit is teaching them as they reflect on the day’s portion of The Big God Story and express their worship to God individually or together.
- Bless: Children receive a blessing from their leaders and sometimes one another. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
TruStory is a digital curriculum with a 3-year scope and sequence. Each year is chronological.
Age Level: 1st – 5th Grade
TruStory Quarterly Bundle includes:
- Quarterly Leaders Guides–13 lessons provided in both PDF and customizable Word doc formats
- Resource Pak
- Remember Verse cards, images, and animation
- Storytelling Videos (3 per quarter)
- Connect Question images
- Storytelling Images
- Timeline images and animation
- Sound effects
- Discussion Questions
- Supplemental Activities: Game templates, Verse cards, Response cutouts, Printed signs
- Remember & Celebrate lessons: ZONK! Question and Answer images, Campfire video
- Small Group Enhancements
- HomeFront Weekly for each lesson
WorshipPaks for Tru available here.
The download edition for less than 50 students, which includes digital files of each product for this age level, is limited to use for less than 50 students at a single site. If you need a license for more students, please contact ministry services at 800-332-7543.
This product license is good for 13 months. After 13 months, you must purchase another license.
Notes about product download licensing:
- Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
- The product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
- This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.