Echoes | UPPER ELEMENTARY Teacher's Commentary | Summer 2018
Echoes provides African-American children in fourth and fifth grades with a Sunday school experience that deepens their own Bible study and builds out their foundation of faith, while at the same time offering real-life application and support for their expanding perspective of the world and how they fit in.
In every lesson teachers will find Bible background information, tips on understanding and teaching upper-elementary kids, and thought-provoking questions with biblically accurate answers to guide your students into age-appropriate Bible study.
Need one per teacher.
This summer upper elementary themes are:
Our Heavenly Father
My Church Family
Genesis, Exodus, 1 Samuel, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Daniel, John, Luke, 2 Corinthians
Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare for the class Understanding Your Students shares tips on preteen development
Easy four-step lesson:
- A Life Need to get preteens engaged with the topic of the week A Bible Learning Step, where preteens will read the week's Bible passage, answer questions, and discuss
- A Bible Application Step in which the teacher has three choices for activities that will help preteens explore the Bible lesson in-class
- A final Life Response Step, where preteens will take ownership of putting into practice that week's Bible principle Quarterly supply list Ideas for early arrivers and when you have extra time
- Link to Last Week section helps the teacher discuss how students applied the lesson throughout the week and encourage them
How can you relate the lesson to the world we live in? Check out Real Life Downloaded and use it as an alternative to Steps 1 & 4 each week. From Upper Elementary to Adult, these relevant topics are available for FREE online at reallifedownloaded.com
What is Real Life Downloaded?
Real Life Downloaded (RLD) is a free resource that helps students see the timeless truths of the Bible and how they apply to our lives today. With RLD, get instant access to current events and issues that relate to each Bible lesson.
RLD Content Features:
- Real Life in Real Time: Every week you'll find a hot topic in the world today that relates to students starting at age 9—all the way to adults! Check it out by age level at the link above.
- Make Connections: Designed to be used with your Bible-In-Life Teacher’s Guide or Echoes Teacher’s Commentary, RLD enhances learning and class discussion by connecting current events with the Bible.
- Share with Others: Share RLD lessons with anyone. Send a link by email or post to your favorite social media sites. We mean it. Share away!
- You’ve Got Options: Save any RLD lesson as a PDF file or send it directly to your printer. So, whether you use technology in your lesson or not, you’ve got options for what works best for you.
Exclusive Feature for Bible-in-Life High School:
Teach high school? Check out the exclusive video segment as a RLD alternate for Step 1 in your Teacher’s Guide. Each 2-3 minute video can be used to enhance your classroom discussion or fully supplement the step entirely; the choice is up to you! Check out the videos within each lesson at reallifedownloaded.com/lesson-archive/high-school-lessons
Digital Download Format: This edition is a single zipped PDF that includes the entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device. You'll need Adobe¨ Reader¨ to open the files. Order the printed edition and you'll get: 8 3/8" x 10 7/8" printed book shipped from our distribution center Order either PDF download edition and you'll get: The entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device