Echoes Preschool Teacher's Commentary | Winter 2018-2019
Transform the hearts and minds of your students with the dynamic, never-changing truth of God's Word. For years, Echoes curriculum has been one of the most widely used resources for African-American churches. Rich in African-American imagery and history, Echoes is easy to use, teacher friendly, strengthens the entire church body with a shared quarterly theme, and is certain to keep students engaged with relevant Scriptural content that applies to their everyday lives.
Each week, Echoes students focus on these four areas:
- Connecting with each other and with God's Word
- Studying God's Word together and finding key themes and takeaways
- Exploring key themes and takeaways through activities and crafts
- Responding to God's Word by applying it to life
Thirteen easy-to-teach lessons guide teacher preparation and student application, both in class and at home through Welcome Time Activities, the four steps of Bible learning and application, and Extra Time activities. Understanding the Bible sections provide background information about the passage used. Teacher tips share insights about understanding preschoolers, with concrete suggestions for enhancing their Sunday school experience. Every lesson presents an interactive Bible story, review activities, and memory verse practice. Encourages children to remember the day's Bible truth during the week. Need one per teacher.
- Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare for the class
- Understanding Your Students sections share information on development at this age level with classroom tips to help the teacher incorporate into class-time
- Easy four-step lesson:
- Life Nee: activity and a time of sharing to help preschoolers actively participate in the classroom, build relationships with each other and the teacher, and prepare for the Bible story
- Bible Learning: includes the Bible Story and Bible Story Review questions
- Bible Application: Bible Memory Verse Practice and Preschool Make-It/Take-It Craft that reinforces the Bible story and how it applies to the student
- Life Response: application step to help preschoolers take what they have learned into rest of the week at home, using a contemporary story from My Sunday Pictures, Plan for Response, and prayer
- Quarterly supply list
- Ideas for early arrivers and to fill extra time
This winter Preschool themes are:
- God Sent His Son, Jesus
- God Made Us
- We Worship God Together
- Genesis, 1 Kings, 2 Chronicles, Job, Psalm, Proverbs, Matthew, Luke, John, and Acts
Frequently purchased with Echoes Preschool Creative Teaching Aids:
Order the print edition and you'll get:
- The printed book (8 3/8" x 10 7/8") shipped from our distribution center
Order either PDF download edition and you'll get:
- The Teacher Guide PDF Edition in a single zipped file that includes the entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device. You'll need Adobe® Reader® to open the files.
- The single-use edition is for use by one teacher. If you have more than one teacher, please order the multi-user edition.
Notes about product download licensing:
Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
The product is protected by copyrights laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.