TruIdentity Grades 7-9—Acts
All David C Cook digital product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement ("EULA") and any additional terms or restrictions that may accompany the product. Digital products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed.
TruIdentity empowers middle school students to deepen their faith as they seek and respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
Acts is a continuation of the gospel narrative—the ministry of Jesus. The book of Acts begins with a rather daunting commission: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:8). The obstacles and perils awaiting His followers were numerous, yet Jesus called them to be His ambassadors. His story continued through them.
This study of the book of Acts will nurture in students an understanding of the continuity of God’s redemptive story and help them find their place in it. By God’s power and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, even the most unlikely and “unqualified” of individuals can experience personal transformation and fruitfulness in life and mission—to hear the call to be part of a community of people whose deepest desire is to live the life of Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit, all to the glory of God.
Components of a TruIdentity Lesson
Connect: Students are invited to engage with leaders and one another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies. Then students are encouraged to connect with God through worship, reading His Word, and prayer as they learn to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit and His leading in their lives.
Encounter: Student ministry leaders are provided with a comprehensive commentary and an exegetical lesson outline each week. Leaders are equipped to prepare messages for their students, rather than prescribed exactly what and how to teach. Each week, innovative videos and relevant messages help students encounter God, His character, and His work throughout His redemptive narrative.
Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what He is personally teaching them through worship as response and participating in discussions with their peers and leaders.
Bless: As followers of Jesus, we’ve been blessed to be a blessing. Each week, students receive a blessing from their leaders and sometimes one another. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
TruIdentity Acts is an 8-week series. TruIdentity is a digital curriculum.
A subscription to TruIdentity - the Book of Acts Digital Kit includes:
TruIdentity Series Kit includes:
- Series Leaders Guide – 8 lessons
- Resource Pak
- Series Overview document
- Series bookmarks
- Videos (1 per lesson)
- Connect Question images
- God Statement images
- Customizable images (series and activity)
- Discussion Questions (for small groups)
- Parent Shepherd resources
- At Home Weekly for each lesson
Order the download edition, and you'll get access to the digital files for 13 months.
This product license is good for 13 months. After 13 months, you must purchase another license.
Notes about product download licensing:
- Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
- The product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
- This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.
|Age Level:||Grades 6-8|