TruIdentity Grades 7-9—Genesis
TruIdentity empowers middle school students to deepen their faith as they seek and respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
The Genesis series introduces students to the first book of God’s grand redemptive narrative as more than a collection of Sunday school stories, but the beginning of one continuous epic storyline of a redeeming, loving God. They’ll be humbled to discover this story is not about them, but in exploring the beginning of God’s story for themselves, they’ll be empowered to know they have a significant part to play. In studying Genesis, students will embark on a journey for a closer look at the God who created and the real people to whom He chose to reveal Himself and His plan for redemption. The issues of brokenness illustrated teach us how to relate to God and to one another because brokenness affects each of us personally.
A key component of TruIdentity begins in the home with the At Home Weekly. Families are equipped to be the primary nurturers of their student’s faith through time together in God’s Word, prayer, and blessing. Students will come ready to continue the conversations about God that began at home.
Components of a TruIdentity Lesson
Connect: Students are invited to engage with leaders and one another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies. Then students are encouraged to connect with God through worship, reading His Word, and prayer as they learn to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit and His leading in their lives.
Encounter: Student ministry leaders are provided with a comprehensive commentary and an exegetical lesson outline each week. Leaders are equipped to prepare messages for their students, rather than prescribed exactly what and how to teach. Each week, innovative videos and relevant messages help students encounter God, His character, and His work throughout His redemptive narrative.
Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what He is personally teaching them through worship as response and participating in discussions with their peers and leaders.
Bless: As followers of Jesus, we’ve been blessed to be a blessing. Each week, students receive a blessing from their leaders and sometimes one another. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
TruIdentity is a digital curriculum.
TruIdentity Genesis Series includes:
- Series Leaders Guide – 8 lessons
- Resource Pak
- Genesis Student and Family Devotional
- Series Overview document
- Series bookmarks
- Videos (1 per lesson)
- Connect Question images
- Customizable images (series and activity)
- Discussion Questions (for small groups)
- Parent Shepherd resources
- At Home Weekly for each lesson
This product license is good for 13 months. After 13 months, you must purchase another license.
Notes about product download licensing:
- Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
- The product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
- This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.