Echoes | HIGH SCHOOL Teacher's Commentary | Summer 2018
All David C Cook digital product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement ("EULA") and any additional terms or restrictions that may accompany the product. Digital products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed.
Echoes offers African-American teenagers an engaging Sunday school experience designed to help them make a successful transition to owning their faith.
Each of the 13 lessons contains step-by-step instructions to help teachers prepare and lead the discussion, with Bible background, tips for teaching high school students, and a variety of activities to help your students learn and apply the Bible lesson.
The Teacher's Commentary serves as a guide for teachers as you use the brand-new student magazine, Blueprint, providing the exact location for each Bible study and each article, to help facilitate in-class use.
Need one per teacher.
This summer high school themes are:
Our Heavenly Father
My Church Family
Deuteronomy, Nehemiah, Psalm, Matthew, Luke, Acts, Romans, 1 & 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 2 Timothy, James, 1 John
- Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare for the class
- Understanding Your Students Pre-session activities for group involvement
Easy four-step lesson plan:
- Life Need: an intro step to get teens engaged with the topic of the week Bible
- Learning: the Bible study portion where teens will read the week's Bible passage, answer questions, and discuss
- Bible Application: the teacher has three choices for activities that will help teens explore the Bible lesson in-class
- Life Response: teens will take ownership of putting into practice that week's Bible principle Optional activities to further engage teens Free Online Resource for Teens
How can you relate the lesson to the world we live in? Check out Real Life Downloaded and use it as an alternative to Steps 1 & 4 each week. From Upper Elementary to Adult, these relevant topics are available for FREE online at reallifedownloaded.com
What is Real Life Downloaded?
Real Life Downloaded (RLD) is a free resource that helps students see the timeless truths of the Bible and how they apply to our lives today. With RLD, get instant access to current events and issues that relate to each Bible lesson.
RLD Content Features:
- Real Life in Real Time: Every week you'll find a hot topic in the world today that relates to students starting at age 9—all the way to adults! Check it out by age level at the link above.
- Make Connections: Designed to be used with your Bible-In-Life Teacher’s Guide or Echoes Teacher’s Commentary, RLD enhances learning and class discussion by connecting current events with the Bible.
- Share with Others: Share RLD lessons with anyone. Send a link by email or post to your favorite social media sites. We mean it. Share away!
- You’ve Got Options: Save any RLD lesson as a PDF file or send it directly to your printer. So, whether you use technology in your lesson or not, you’ve got options for what works best for you.
Exclusive Feature for Bible-in-Life High School:
Teach high school? Check out the exclusive video segment as a RLD alternate for Step 1 in your Teacher’s Guide. Each 2-3 minute video can be used to enhance your classroom discussion or fully supplement the step entirely; the choice is up to you! Check out the videos within each lesson at reallifedownloaded.com/lesson-archive/high-school-lessons
Digital Download Format: This edition is a single zipped PDF that includes the entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device. You'll need Adobe ¨Reader¨ to open the files. Order the printed edition and you'll get: 8 3/8"" x 10 7/8"" printed book shipped from our distribution center Order either PDF download edition and you'll get: The entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device"