Echoes Early Elementary Teacher's Commentary | Winter 2018-2019
Transform the hearts and minds of your students with the dynamic, never-changing truth of God's Word. For years, Echoes curriculum has been one of the most widely used resources for African-American churches. Rich in African-American imagery and history, Echoes is easy to use, teacher friendly, strengthens the entire church body with a shared quarterly theme, and is certain to keep students engaged with relevant Scriptural content that applies to their everyday lives.
Each week, Echoes students focus on these four areas:
- Connecting with each other and with God's Word
- Studying God's Word together and finding key themes and takeaways
- Exploring key themes and takeaways through activities and crafts
- Responding to God's Word by applying it to life
Each of the 13 lessons contains step-by-step instructions to help prepare and teach. Tips help teachers understand kindergartners and first graders, with helpful suggestions for enhancing their Sunday school experience. The lessons guide pre-session and post-session activities, and walk through a four-step lesson plan. Bible background articles provide further interesting information. Need one per teacher.
- Understanding the Bible section helps the teacher prepare for the class
- Understanding Your Students section shares on age level and offers classroom tips the teacher can incorporate
- Easy four-step lesson plan:
- Life Need: an activity and a time of sharing to help kids actively participate in the classroom, build relationships with each other and the teacher, and prepare for the Bible story
- Bible Learning: includes the Bible Story and Bible Story Review questions and activity to present and review the Bible passage
- Bible Application: incorporates Bible Memory Verse Practice and a craft that reinforces the Bible story and how it applies to the student
- Life Response: an application step to help kindergartners and first graders take what they have learned into the rest of the week at home
- Quarterly supply list
- Ideas for early arrivers and when you have extra time
- Link to Last Week helps the teacher discuss with students how they applied the lesson throughout the week at home, and support and encourage them
Frequently purchased with Echoes Early Elementary Teacher's Commentary:
Order the print edition and you'll get:
- The printed book (8 3/8" x 10 7/8") shipped from our distribution center
Order either PDF download edition and you'll get:
- The Teacher Guide PDF Edition in a single zipped file that includes the entire book in PDF format making it easy to use on any digital device. You'll need Adobe® Reader® to open the files.
- The single-use edition is for use by one teacher. If you have more than one teacher, please order the multi-user edition.
Notes about product download licensing:
Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
The product is protected by copyrights laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.