Wesley | Upper Elementary Teacher's Guide | Fall 2018
In every lesson teachers will find Bible background information, tips on understanding and teaching upper-elementary kids, and thought-provoking questions with biblically accurate answers to guide students into age-appropriate Bible study. In addition, you'll find meaningful activities for early arrivers and extra class time.
Need one per teacher or class.
Scope and Sequence Fall 2018
Theme: The God Who Created Us, The God Who Corrects Us, The God Who Call Us
Bible Passages: Genesis, Psalm, Jeremiah, Romans, Ephesians, Philippians, Hebrews, Revelation
- Teacher Devotionals and Understanding the Bible sections help the teacher prepare for the class
- When Teaching the Bible to Upper Elementary Students shares tips on preteen development
- Easy four-step lesson:
- Bible Readiness: an activity and sharing time to help preteens develop relationships and use their experiences to connect to the Bible study
- Bible Study: includes the Bible Study and discussion questions and a Memory Verse Practice
- Bible Activity Choices: three activities to help preteens explore what they have learned from the Bible story
- Bible Response: application step to help preteens decide how they will take what they have learned into the week
- Quarterly supply list
- Ideas for early arrivers and when you have extra time
- Link to Last Week section helps teachers discuss how students applied the lesson throughout the week and encourage them
Free Online Resource for Upper Elementary
Real Life Downloaded (RLD) connects each week with timeless Bible truths to timely current events. RealLifeDownloaded.com offers optional materials for Steps 1 and 4 of the week's lesson, to provide an in-depth, current event study of the lesson materials.